A mum who was found dead at a tower block in Stockport died as a result of drug toxicity, an inquest has heard.
Charlotte Ford suffered GHB, codeine and methylamphetamine toxicity and cardiomegaly, a postmortem examination has revealed.
The mum, 35, was found dead at the Beaver House apartment block in Offerton, Stockport, last summer.
Police initially launched a murder investigation and arrested a man in his thirties on suspicion of murder.
He was later bailed pending further enquiries and it is understood the case is no longer being treated as a murder investigation.
An inquest into the circumstances surrounding Miss Ford’s death was opened at Stockport Coroners’ Court today (January 5).
During the short hearing, coroner Alison Mutch confirmed Miss Ford’s details.
Police coroner’s officer Alison Catlow stated that Miss Ford, an office administrator, died at her home address at Beaver House, in Victoria Park, on August 21 of last year.
A post mortem examination revealed that Miss Ford’s cause of death was Gamma-hydroxybutyrate, codeine and methylamphetamine toxicity and cardiomegaly.
The inquest was adjourned and is due to be heard on March 25, with a pre-inquest review on February 11.